Parent Discussion Board Guidelines for Let’s Talk Schools
Here at Let’s Talk Schools, we truly value the information our users share. Without commenting, the LTS website would not accurately reflect the wide range of opinions present in the community.
To improve the dialogue, we have listed some rules and commenting guidelines for the Let’s Talk Schools Forum. When you post any information on LTS, you are agreeing to follow the LTS Forum Guidelines outlined below.
Please read the forum Guidelines before posting or commenting.
What to Do:
- Be considerate and respectful of other posters and their opinions and beliefs.
- Use standard writing style, punctuation, and grammar so that others may understand you. Do not use ALL CAPS when you post a comment because it makes your comment difficult to read and it gives other users the impression that you are shouting or threatening them.
- Share your personal experiences that add value to the conversation.
- Help the LTS team maintain an engaging and welcoming community for discussion by flagging spam and reporting offensive comments, problem users, and other inappropriate content.
- Contact us if you have any comments, concerns, or advice that the LTS team may use so that we may maximize the user experience.
- Use your best judgment in evaluating recommendations and comments from users of this Site and understand that user posts may not be accurate.
- Be a law abiding citizen and do not post anything related to illegal activities.
- Understand that information posted on the Site is visible to all users of LTS and that a post could end up anywhere on the Internet. Additionally, please remember that you are giving LTS permission to use any content you post on this Site.
What Not to Do:
- Do not post profanity, obscenities, abusive language, threatening language, or other inappropriate content.
- Comments should never harass, abuse, or threaten anyone’s personal safety or property, make false statements, defame, or impersonate other individuals.
- Do not post any sexually explicit images.
- Do not post any personal data such as phone numbers, email or mail addresses, or credit card information.
- Do not post anything that contains malicious code that may harm computer software, programs, or hardware.
- Do not collect personal information from any user of this Site. Personal information includes but is not limited to screen names, email and personal addresses, and payment information.
- Do not believe everything you read. The LTS team does not and cannot screen all user content, so user posts may contain unreliable information.
- Do not copy and post others’ material, trademarks, or intellectual property. This activity is illegal and all information posted without the original author’s consent will be removed from the Site.
- Do not repost deleted content. Any reposted information will be deleted and any user that reposts deleted content may have any and all of their accounts deleted.
- If you are under the age of eighteen (18) do not use this Site unless you are under the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Do not post or submit any information that identifies or could be used to contact or locate any child younger than thirteen (13) years old (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected PII about a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
- Do not use this Site to harm children or minors in any way and do not encourage inappropriate interactions with children or minors of any kind.
- Do not impersonate any person, corporation, business or school while using this Site.